Are you looking for fun, usefull and pretty things to get for you and your furry friend?
Here are our favorite picks!
Is it a good idea to put an action cam on the back of your Greyhound?
We wanted to find out what a day in Patch’s life looks like from his perspective. So we put a harness around him, mounted the camera, and took him on an excursion.
See here what it looked like for him:
Our favorite Action Cam Harnesses on Amazon
GoPro Fetch - Dog Harness
- Capture the world from your dog’s point of view
- Two mounting locations (back and chest) enable a variety of perspectives
- Fully adjustable to fit dogs from 15 to 120 pounds (7 to 54 kilograms)
- Padded at all adjustment points to ensure your pet’s comfort
- Washable, water friendly material holds up to swimming, splashing, mud and more
- Quick release bases make attaching and removing the camera easy
- Includes a camera tether to further secure your GoPro
Our Greys love Grooming Gloves
Whenever I put on the grooming gloves, our 2 Greyhounds are getting excited because some extended grooming and rubbing are coming up. They just love the feeling of the gloves which have pretty sticky rubber on the inside of the palms. This helps get rid of old fur very easily. I’m just being extra careful when I’m getting near the belly because their fur is rather thin there.
Our favorite Grooming Gloves on Amazon
De-Shedding Grooming Gloves for Pets
- Turn pet Grooming into a delightful experience
- The Bissell pet hair eraser grooming gloves Take a dreaded chore and transforms it into a bonding opportunity for you and your four legged friend
- These gloves De-Shed your pet while gently massaging their skin
- The Bissell pet hair eraser grooming gloves feature soft rubber nodules to gently gather fur and massage your pet
- The five-finger design gives you the flexibility to groom almost any part of your pet! You can quickly and easily groom your pet’s face, body, legs and tail
Chew Toys are good against boredom and good for the teeth
Every now and then we like to fill a chew toy with something yummy and give it to our dogs to keep them busy for a while. Those toys are made to be filled with something the dogs like. Depending on the dog and the food you put in, this can keep a dog busy for quite a while! Especially when the weather is bad and they have to stay inside, it’s a good thing to keep them occupied.
You can fill a Kong with many things.
Many use peanut butter and I bet all dogs go crazy about it. We prefer to use healthier things and usually put cottage cheese inside.
When it’s hot outside and we have ice cream, we like to let thme participate by having frozen cottage cheese. Therefore we will up the Toy with Cottage Cheese and put it in the freezer for a while. This makes it harder for them to get the yummy stuff out of the Kong and it cools them down a little bit.
In the beginning we weren’t sure if our Greys wouldn’t destroy the Toy and eat pieces. But at least with the original Kong toy, we made positive experiences and no parts are missing, yet!
Our favorite Chew Toys on Amazon
KONG - Extreme Dog Toy - Toughest Natural Rubber, Black
Instinctual Needs: The KONG Extreme black rubber toy helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation.
Healthy play is important for dogs’ physical and mental development, emotions and behavior.
Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Extreme as one of the best durable dog toys available.
Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials.
KONG - Classic Dog Toy - red
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Extreme black rubber toy helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation.
- Healthy play is important for dogs’ physical and mental development, emotions and behavior.
- Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Extreme as one of the best durable dog toys available.
- Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials.
Oldies but goldies: Squeaky Toys and Balls
Nothing motivates a dog to play with a toy like if it moves or makes sounds. That’s probably why squeaky toys are stereotypes that work. We have to admit that our Greys are not very good at playing. Like many former racers they never learned to play with toys while growing up. To them playing equals running.
Still there are some moments where one of our two Greys will feel like biting and shaking some toy to death. For these occasions we keep some squeakies handy.
Balls is a totally different topic for your Hounds. They simply don’t know what to do with a ball.
They don’t seem to be the only Sighthounds that have no clue what to do with a ball. But we hear there are Greyhounds that love balls!
Our favorite Squeaky Toys and Balls on Amazon
Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy
- HIDE & SQUEAK FUN: The Hide A Squirrel dog puzzle is an easy way to get your furry friends engaged for hours of fun! Just fill the tree trunk with 6 stuffed squeaky squirrels, toss it, and let your dog’s natural hunting instincts kick in!
- 2-IN-1 INTERACTIVE PLAY: Toss the squirrel-filled trunk, place it on the ground, or take the squeaky plush toys out and launch them for a game of fetch your dog is sure to love!
- CHALLENGING & IRRESISTIBLE: Keep boredom at bay and your curious canine mentally-stimulated while feeding their natural instincts to hunt with plush squeaky squirrels they won’t be able to resist!
- GENTLE ON THE TEETH AND GUMS: The stuffed plush texture of the Hide-A-Squirrel dog toy is easy on the teeth making it a great choice for both puppies and adult dogs alike.
Wobble Wag Giggle Ball, Interactive Dog Toy
- FUN FOR ALL BIG OR SMALL Wobble Wag Giggle Ball is great for dogs of all ages and sizes! The 6 clutch pockets on the toy make it easy for your dog to pick up during playtime!
- WOBBLE WAG GIGGLE Ball With just the nudge of a nose, off the ball goes! Wobble Wag Giggle does not require batteries – the secret is the internal tube noisemaker inside of the ball, the enticing “play-with-me” sounds are sure to engage your pup as the toy rolls around!
- HAPPY, HEALTHY & FIT! By engaging our dog’s natural curiosity and instinct to play with giggling sounds when rolled or shaken, this toy keeps your pup active and entertained.
- GREAT FOR INDOOR & OUTDOOR PLAY Whether your dog likes to play in the park or in your home Wobble Wag Giggle interactive dog toy is guaranteed fun!
SPOT Quilted Dog Toy
- Floppy fun to the extreme!
- Skinnies extreme quilted toys are an extremely popular stuffing-free design.
- That’s because it features, not one, not two, but four layers of material that’s fused together for durability, then covered with a soft, quilted fabric that your dog won’t be able to resist.
- Stuffing free
- Designed for durability
- Length: 14 inches
Slow Feeder Bowls – if your dog is often bloated
If your dog has problems with bloating this might be due to its eating speed.
A Slow Feeder Bowl encourages your pet to eat or drink at a slower pace. This slower pace helps reduce excess air intake, leading to improved digestion and reducing the risk of bloating.
Dogit Go Slow Anti-Gulping for Wet or Dry Food
- Solid outer Color; encourages eating and drinking at a slower pace
- Holds 40.5 fluid ounces
- Dishwasher safe
- Encourages pet to eat or drink at a slower pace preventing indigestion, vomiting and bloating
- Suitable for wet or dry food; Great solution for dogs who eat and drink quickly
Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl - Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
- SLOWS DOWN EATING UP TO 10X
- AIDS IN PROPER DIGESTION
- MADE WITH NON-SLIP BASE AND FOOD SAFE MATERIALS
- DIET DIVERSITY
- CLEANING MADE EASY
If you liked the article you just read, please help us and share it with other people that might benefit from these information, too!
Just click the icons below this box to share us on your favorite social network or click the button for more articles of that kind.